Hello QALL Families,
With the weekend here and practices in full swing, we wanted to send another update:
Our March 28th, Pancake Breakfast will be postponed until a future date, to be determined.
From Seattle Public Schools: "As of today, Public Health continues to recommend that we don’t close schools unless there is a lab-confirmed COVID-19 test result for a student or staff person in attendance at the school." In addition, none of the Seattle Parks facilities are closed.
Therefore, given the information we have at this time, QALL is not canceling any activities, but our priority is the health and wellness of our entire community, so let’s act together with an abundance of caution to help limit the spread of this virus. We will continue to monitor all of the schools and other activity in our boundary and the surrounding areas, and act accordingly.
Here are some take home general wellness points for those families with players that are currently practicing:
STAY HEALTHY: the best prevention for viruses like the flu also prevent the spread of any illness and decrease the chance of getting sick.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, with 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available. Check out this video for tips on good hand washing.
- Cough into a tissue or your elbow (not your hand), then throw tissue away and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Consult your healthcare provider if you or your child has health conditions that put you at increased risk.
Wipe down/clean shared equipment like helmets, bats, and face masks between use.
We are monitoring this evolving situation and will adjust our plans as necessary.
Stay tuned, and stay healthy!